while you’re signing the petition to legally recognize nonbinary gender on whitehouse.gov, you should also sign the one to create a federal mandate forcing all law enforcement officers to wear a video recording device while on duty, to hold cops accountable for their actions
|Anonymous asked: hi, I was wondering if you guys had any information (or could please maybe point me to the way of some information) on Loki.. I'm pretty sure I'm drawn to him and I've done some research, but I can't find a whole lot. I want to make sure I know enough before I make any decisions. Thank you !!!|
These links and books can be quite helpful when starting out. Feel free to go beyond them, and they aren’t set in stone.
- Can Omens from Loki be Trusted?
- Is Loki against the Aesir or not?
- Did Loki have any specific rituals in olden times?
- Books for working with Loki?
- Is there anything you can tell me about dealing with Loki?
- Would it be possible and a smart move to free Loki from his entrapment?
- Why do people identify with Loki? Isn’t it offensive to the other gods?
This link is for Norse paganism in general:
If you just want the list of books:
Books to Check Out
- Edda Snorri Sturlusson, translated by Anthony Faulkes
- Poetic Edda translated by Lee M. Hollander
- Poetic Edda translated by Carolyn Larrington
- The Norse Myths Kevin Crossley-Holland
- Loki in Scandinavian Mythology Anna Birgitta Rooth
- Loki Georges Dumezil
- Trickster Makes This World Lewis Hyde
- Germania Tacitus
- Norse Sagas
- The Jotunbok: Working with the Giants of the Northern Tradition Raven Kaldera (and others)
- Feeding the Flame: A Devotional to Loki and His Family compiled by Galina Krasskova
- From the Heart, For the Heart: Devotionals for the Trickster Tracy Nichols
- Love Songs for Laufey’s Son Tracy Nichols
- Trickster, My Beloved: Poems for Laufey’s Son Elizabeth Vongvisith
- Shadow Gods and Black Fire Andrew Gyll
If you want to know how I view Loki:
Loki is strong, proud, playful, dour, a family man, a caring mother, doting, charming, full of spirit. Eager for adventure, sweet, a prankster, a dark brooder. He’s scary at times, forceful, passionate, foreboding. He’s sad, happy, gleeful, morose. He’s a lover, a fighter, a shadow-walker. He’s a great father, and an awesome mother.
This is my impression of Loki. He is more neutral than anything else. He is a dimensional being, he has facets to his personality. It would be an injustice to just say he’s good or he’s bad.
Now for my advice starting out with Loki. Much like my advice with Luciferians, do your research. Pay Him the respect of reading some sources, getting to know about Him. My advice is research, politeness, and respect. Discernment is another word I’d keep in mind.